Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Snowmen Through Time


Snowmen Through Time (a wall quilt) is the first of  6 monthly promises to finish 6 UFO’s.  All that was needed for Snowmen was a label and a sleeve.  




In the year 2000, I started Snowmen and actually finished it.  But I’ve been told a quilt isn’t finished until it has a label....attached.  I made a label years ago.  Never attached it.  Really. After an hours search of boxes of UFO’s,  I found the label.  But with years in between, it wasn’t what I wanted.  So I made another..and attached it this time.




This label is a pocket and in the pocket is my poem which can be folded to fit in the space.  The label and the poem were created on my computer and printed with an inkjet printer on fabric backed with freezer paper then heat set with a hot iron.   The label was then appliquéd to the back of the quilt.  

The entire process (label, poem, and sleeve) took me less than half a day including the hour spent looking for the label I never used.



Snowmen is hand embroidered, hand appliquéd, and hand quilted.  The pattern is by Millie Kelso.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.