Sunday, May 1, 2016

Carpenters Wheel

After a month of hand quilting, I've finished quilting my Carpenters Wheel,  made with the help of Linda Franz'  Inklingo Free Shape Collection.  I finished the top a number of years back when I first caught the Inklingo bug. It's my first Inklingo project and made entirely from my fabric stash.

Carpenter's Wheel Hand Pieced and Hand Quilted
It's a nice lap size and will come in handy during Ocala Winters.  Surprisingly temperatures actually got in the 20's F in Ocala last Winter.

I love hand piecing and Inklingo has made it so enjoyable that I tend to move from project to project and hand piece tops and don't get to quilting them.  This time I made a promise to myself to take on nothing but the hand quilting of this top until done.  I've made promises like this before.  This time I kept it.


My two boys always hang out with me - watching me quilt.    


They're actually bored.  Don't they look bored.  



4 comments:

  1. Hello Sandy. Your quilt looks marvellous. I was particularly intersetd to know you used Inklingo. I know nothing about it, but I am going to look into it, as it keeps cropping up in the blogs I enjoy.
    Like you, I love to hand piece, hand quilt, embroider and applique.
    I particularly enjoyed seeing your 2 sweet dogs. I lost my old dog at Easter, she used to sleep in my sewing room while I sewed.
    I'm going to have a look round now at some of your other projects and follow the links you gave, best wishes Kath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kath. Thank you for your comments. We are half a world distant but have much in common. If you do look at Inklingo, I think you'll enjoy hand piecing even more with the use of it.
      I'm so sorry for your loss Kath. I took a trip over to your blog. Your pups were adorable. You must miss them terribly.

      Best wishes to you too and I'll look for you on Facebook.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.