Monday, July 29, 2013

Yesterday's Stars

Paper Pieces Pattern "Yesterday's Stars"
 I picked up this pattern way back, can't remember when.  The back is dated 1999, but I think I got it about 6 years ago.  Who knows.  Time flies and far ago objects are father than you think.  The pattern is a Paper Pieces Pattern call "Yesterday's Stars".  It includes pre-cut shapes.  I started my journey into English Paper Piecing (EPP) with this pattern...and oh does it show.  I picked up this partially finished item and it needed some redoing.  In the end, I decided not to go exactly by the pattern.  I think I want to put some applique around...small items...maybe flowers.  I have lots of 30's repro fabric so why not.  So I made the white borders wider and added yellow corner blocks. In the mean time the top is kind of finished according to pattern...just a bit different.  I'll post progress now and then on this quilt.  In the mean time, I have more UFO's to work on.  Nice to have so many...I'll never get bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.