Monday, January 20, 2014

Mug Rugs

Mug Rug made with hand painted cardinals and Inklingo 


I'm a member of a quilter's forum. Over Christmas, I made this Mug Rug for my swap mate.  She loves cardinals.  The cardinals are hand painted.  I hand pieced the star using Inklingo-diamond-triangle-square- collection.   The star is made from left over pieces from the Carpenters Wheel top I made from the same collection.  

I recommend making Mug Rugs to all quilters.  For me,  it's a short project so it keeps my attention long enough to finish without being pulled in another quilt direction.  They allow me to practice my skills. With this project, I practiced fabric drawing and painting, hand quilting, quilt binding, and hand piecing with InkLingo.  I do so love to hand piece and have been piecing by hand forever, but Inklingo adds a new dimension to the process and opens up all these possibilities.  

I intend to make more Mug Rugs using the various Inklingo collections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.