Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pieced hexagons


On my design wall.
I've now added reds and creams to my pieced hexagons.  Progress is up on design wall.  More color ways to come.  Fabrics are all from my stash.  Very happy with Inklingo.  Allows for easy hand piecing.  Did my piecing as I waited out the storm.  We got another 7" plus today and at level 3.   That means no one could go on the roads except for emergency.  So sat in front of the fire and quietly hand pieced my Hexies while watching reruns of the Artful Detective (Murdock Mystery Series).  I love that show.

For my blocks, I choose a color way from my stash, pull a light, medium, and dark; then print it out wth Inklingo.  I'm fitting 9 each for a page of printing.. So three pages.  When I finish a color way, I go to my stash and choose another.  This randomness in selection keeps it interesting.  Maybe pinks next...we'll see.

Some of my stash



More Stash


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.