Monday, May 5, 2014

TEXAS STAR BLOCK

Texas Star
Texas Star Back
I participate in the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle at Quilt Heaven in Lambertville, Michigan.  Mary Clark, my friend and quilt instructor for the group, presented this Texas Star Block.  I immediately fell in  love with it.  Mary made a beautiful block using templates and machine piecing.  I find this method frustrating, so I used Inklingo to hand piece.  I used one inch hexagons, 60 degree 2 inch diamonds, and 1.0/2.0 inch star points.  
Ready to piece
I have been able to use up small scraps.  This has been a diversion from my Celtic Solstice.  All of my 3.5 inch blocks are done and now the top will be pieced together over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. do you mark all of your seams with a pencil or do you print them on the computer using Inklingo? I do both and couldn't see your seam close enough - I too love hand piecing and find it so comfortable and relaxing to do - saw your blog link on the Celebrate Hand quilting fb page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I just saw your inklingo badge on the side - answers my question :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. Yes I used Inklingo. I have used pencil too. I love to hand piece. If I can't find what I need with Inklingo, I'll use my EQ to make block pieces and pencil in my quarter inch.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.