Wednesday, May 28, 2014

PROGRESS ON THE STAR FISH

Progress with fish fabric

For the last few days, I've been hand piecing my fish fabric Texas Stars and one inch hexagons.  This is my progress so far.  I started out with 33 Texas Stars.  Here I've used 32.  One lonely star left out.  See the pink/blue star to the left of the photo? I think I'll use her in the label.  I plan to continue with hexagons all around as a border to the stars...perhaps several layers of Hexies.  I have no idea how I will end up with this.  That's the fun of it...create as you go kind of thing.  Time to press it.  I've pressed as I pieced but now I believe my little project can do with another pressing before I begin adding the Hexie borders........tick-tock...OK pressing done.

Pressed
Pressing is time consuming.  I find it much easier to press each star as I go and when a row or section is finished to press that section.
Pressed star block -back
Time to move on to the borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.