Thursday, February 5, 2015

Rose of Sharon


 I've been in Ocala Florida since January 4, 2015.  I didn't expect to be here very long and came here all in a rush when mom and dad called me to say mom was sick and needed help.  I brought just a few things to work on.  Mom saw what I was working on and really liked it.  At the time I arrived in Ocala, I had one section of the four to finish quilting and the borders.  The first week mom would sit with me and talk while I quilted.  After mom passed I continued with my quilting in my spare time and evenings.  I'm just about done now mom...    Tomorrow or the next day, I'll visit the local quilt shop Tomorow's Treasures to find fabric for binding.  This is an old old UFO so some of the appliqué work needs some redoing.  I'll bind it, label it.  It'll need a washing. Then I think I'll use it as a table topper for moms sewing table. 

It looks like I'll be here for another month helping dad. I'll work on another project during this time.  I brought my Celtic Solstice to finish piecing.  Perhaps I'll work on that.  Being away from home without major distractions from unfinished projects in my sewing room, I'm forced to finish what I have.  That's a good thing.  I'm feeling a sense of accomplishment.  I'd also like to finish up the hexagon table topper I pieced a few months back.  I need to hand quilt it.


Four squares of Celtic Solstice



Hexagon Table Topper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Would love to hear from you.